Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Charity Pillowcase Day

What an AWESOME Job!!
Quilter's came through. A huge thank you to the ladies who came to the shop today to make pillowcases. Our donation for Sunshine Acres was in desperate need of pillowcases for boys/young men ages 7 yrs to 18 yrs. The ladies came with fabric in hand & ready to sew. Several ladies couldn't join us but brought us completed cases. At 5pm we had 52 pillowcases completed. The cases are perfect for boys; sport themes, lizards, sea turtles, sharks, horses, construction trucks, & bright colorful prints.
Of course I had my camera but didn't take a single picture. I was so into preparing the fabric that I missed my opportunities for photos. Sorry..
So we surpassed our need for the boys and we have more to donate to ConKer Cancer & to Sojourner Center.
Thank you again for all you do for the community and for these special charities.

A Quilter's Oasis has the best customers around!